Motorhome travel continues to increase in popularity throughout Australia due to its flexibility, fun and affordability.
Australian rental company Apollo Motorhome Holidays has seen an increase in frequency and duration of motorhome, campervan and 4WD camper holidays in every state during the past financial year, and CEO Luke Trouchet says holiday bookings show no signs of slowing down.
“You cannot beat a motorhome holiday, it should be on the bucket list for every Australian,” Mr Trouchet said.
“Our custom-designed and built vehicles are so comfortable to travel and sleep in, most guests now average between 10 to 18 days of travel and many of them are repeat travellers.
“All our recreational vehicles are designed by us to include everything the modern traveller needs for comfort on the road – including the kitchen sink. Our guests love the freedom travel at their own pace and make their own itineraries,” he said.
Apollo has partnered with Big4 Holiday Parks, Top Tourist Parks and Family Parks in Australia to offer guests discounted rates when they stay during their road trip.
Apollo’s Top 10 reasons to take a motorhome holiday
- See the country in a different way – tiny seats and airplane food can’t compare to stretching out on the wide open road and stopping wherever and whenever you want.
- Create the ultimate playlist – Apollo’s newest motorhomes have offer Bluetooth and iPod connectivity – so you can sing as loudly as you want, all the way down the highway.
- You only unpack once…and there’s no luggage limits, so bring as many bags as you need. And the hairspray. And a normal sized tube of toothpaste, large bottle of water, even a nail file – no one is going to confiscate them.
- Throw away your watch. No nasty ‘gates close 45 minutes prior’ when you were SURE it was 30 minutes prior. When you’re road tripping it’s all about the journey. Take your time.
- Save your dollars. On a motorhome holiday your accommodation and travel costs (and possibly some of your entertainment) are covered in one payment.
- Eat like a local. Travelling through areas where local produce abounds? The on-board kitchens make it easy to enjoy the food of the area. You can even cook with gas.
- Avoid the tourist traps. Being on the road gives you freedom to explore regional towns and cities and get off the beaten track. In Australia, true explorers can use a 4WD camper to conquer epic rural routes.
- Forget costly ticket changes – You have freedom to stop wherever and whenever you (or the little ones) want to, and move on as soon as you’ve ‘been there, seen it all’.
- It’s a great way to visit friends and family…without having to sleep in their lounge rooms.
- The fun starts now! The minute you’re on the road your adventure has begun.
About Apollo Motorhome Holidays
Apollo Motorhome Holidays is the world’s largest privately owned recreational vehicle company, and now has branches in every state of Australia, as well as New Zealand, America and the USA. Its fleet of comfortable, Australian-designed recreational vehicles includes the 6-berth Euro Deluxe motorhome, popular 2-berth Euro Tourer and the flexible 4WD Adventure Campers.