The 2012 NSW Tourism Awards is nearing its submission cut off date - 7 September 2012 and organisers say it isn't too late to enter.
Andrew Jefferies, General Manager of the Tourism Industry Council of NSW, has been happy with the level of submissions received so far, but knows that many leave it until the eleventh hour to complete their submission.
"Our main focus for 2012 has been to promote the benefits and value of participating in the Awards program. We've worked extremely hard to recognise and celebrate the efforts of our state's tourism operators - who continually boost our reputation across the country and the world.
"I strongly encourage all tourism businesses across the state's wider tourism industry, who haven't already done so, to enter the highly valuable Awards program and build upon the success of 2011," said Mr Jefferies.
The process of entering involves operators answering questions about their businesses and feedback received about the process have been very positive; with many entrants expressing how critical it is for the growth and success of their business.
2012 NSW Tourism Award finalists and winners will gain even more from their participation this year as their successes will become part of the 2013 Tourism in Focus campaign, where exceptional tourism products will be featured extensively in promotions and media.
Applications to enter the 2012 NSW Tourism Awards close COB 7 September 2012. All tourism businesses based in NSW are eligible to enter.
For more information, visit: http://www.nswtourismawards.com.au/entrants/how-to-enter/
Tourism Industry Council of NSW: http://www.ticnsw.com.au/
Tourism Awards Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NSWTourismAwards
Tourism Awards Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/NSWTourismAward
The Awards have 31 categories across the industry spectrum - attractions, festivals and events, ecotourism, tour and transport operators, marketing and accommodation and outstanding contribution from individuals. To enter: http://www.nswtourismawards.com.au/awards-information/categories/
Entries to the NSW Tourism Awards close on Friday 7th September 2012.
Finalists will be announced on Tuesday 9th October 2012.
The NSW Tourism Awards Ceremony and Dinner will be held on Thursday 22nd November 2012 at Le Montage, Sydney.
Benefits of entering the Awards:
- The NSW Tourism Awards offer entrants recognition for outstanding achievements, an increased profile and valuable networking opportunities.
- Winning awards highlight that you are a professional, trusted and benchmarked provider which will help your business stand out in the marketplace.
- Now in its 23rd year, this Awards program is the most widely recognised Tourism Awards program in the country and is backed by TICNSW and Destination NSW.
- Entrants will benefit from increased brand awareness and the ability to generate marketing opportunities which will lead to increased sales and revenue.
- Entrants will gain exposure to influential and valuable networks, opening up new business opportunities.
- Entrants will have the opportunity to benchmark their business against that of peers and competitors.
- The questions and criteria have been specifically designed to help entrants develop annual business plans.
- Entry in the Awards provides an accurate record and overview for your business.
- All entries will receive a site visit by a Judge and receive feedback after the Awards.
- Winners will be identified as outstanding tourism businesses in their particular category and gain recognition in front of the industry at the Awards Ceremony and Dinner, which are publicised state-wide.
- Winners are featured in a special NSW Tourism Awards feature by the Sun Herald and profiled in an edition of Channel 7′s Sydney Weekender.
- Winners and Finalists can include the NSW Tourism Awards logo on all media and marketing materials.
- Finally, winners will become automatic finalists in the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards and gain recognition for excellence in the industry on a national stage.